KPop Academy Week 6 Assignment: Hanbok Origami and Ttakji.




To finish off the Korean Art & Craft week, our Assignment was to make Hanbok Origami~한복종이접기. I remember when I was younger I did a lot of paper folding both in school and for fun. I didn't call it Origami but it is basically the same thing I guess. Anyways it was a bit difficult finding Origami paper in my neck of the words but I finally did and I saw some patterned paper that reminded me of the Hanbok we wore a few weeks back. I thought it will be interesting to use and it will add character to my finished product.


To start off, here are the things you'll need.
  • Double-sided Origami Paper
  • Patterned Paper (Optional)
  • Scissors
  • Glue stick and glue
  • pencil
  • ruler.

You'll need to make the Jeogori ~ Jacket and Chi Ma ~ Skirt separately before attaching it. You can watch the video below for instructions on how to make it. She gave a step-by-step instruction which is easy to follow.









You may have noticed that I have decorated the Hanboks with rhinestone. It wasn't intentional at first, I was trying to cover up glue stains on the first Hanbok I made and I thought it looked nice so I incorporated it into the rest. What do you think?




We were also asked to make Ttakji ~ 딱지 which is a traditional game that was made popular because of the Running Man show.  You can see it in the picture above. All you need to make this is two square Origami paper. Here is a tutorial I found on youtube on how to make it.


                               


I am thinking of picking Origami up as a hobby. Not only is it fun to do, it is a good way of making inexpensive personal gifts. I found lots of Origami pictures and videos online with amazing creations. I'll let you know how it goes if I do manage to make more.

I'm super excited for the KPop Dance class tomorrow. I can't wait to tell you guys about it.


안녕,
meera

No comments