Why do you want to visit Korea?





안녕하세요 친구들 :)

I was asked this question just now and this was what I had to say. I suppose I have a more structured answer with more reasons but I thought it was interesting to read what I had to say when I was put on the spot!

I want to visit Busan, Seoul and Jejudo. I have been studying Korean language for 3 years and I have had the chance to learn the history, literature, Art and so much more. I also write about all that on my blog and other websites. I will love to visit the places I read and write about and also the ones I've seen on TV. 

The biggest thing though is the food, I am a Foodie and I've had the chance to try Korean food abroad and cooked a looot. But I crave the 'ahjumma style' authentic taste so a pojangmacha (street style food stalls) and family owned restaurant might be my first stop after the hotel :) 

Busan on the other hand, is a place after my heart because I love the Busan Satoori. It is one of my favourite sounds in the world!

As for Jejudo, the foodie in me wants to savour the delectable seafood there. Okay now I'm hungry :) 


In Language news, I have started the Sogang Korean books, I will be doing a review in the near future. I'm not sure if it was a bit too ambitious to start with Level 3 but I love a good challenge! Besides I did go though the online lessons so that should cover the basics. 



How are you getting on with your language studies?


No comments