Olympic Winter Games | Countdown Begins for PyeongChang 2018



The XXII Winter Olympics will be held in the city of Pyeongchang in the Gangwon Province of South Korea. To mark 365 days before the event, the city hosted guests and athletes from all around the world at a "one year to go ceremony" held at the Gangneung Hockey Centre. It was a spectacular night and it gave us a taste of what the real event will look like. I am already excited for it.





I guess you may be wondering why I have picked up writing about a winter sport when I live in a country where the closest thing to snow I have seen is when I open my freezer.

But I'll let you in on some exciting news, there is word that three Nigerians are participating in the Winter Games. I was surprised and delighted to hear the news and so I made the decision to cover news leading up to the event and give you tid bits on how they are preparing as well as cheer them on when the actual games start.



Plus I kinda have become friends with the Doll-sized Soohorang and Bandabi in my office and couldn't resist the idea of writing about the sports they will be representing.


So stay tuned for Mira's Pyeongchang coverage and

as always,

Search for me around the web by clicking the following links:
  
On KOREAN TWITTER disseminating real time views on dramas & music etc
 On FACEBOOK sharing  interesting links
 On INSTAGRAM sharing pictures
and on TUMBLR just doing what people do on there

Until next time!

안녕,








No comments