새해 복 많이 받으세요!







That's the phrase for happy new year in Korean. But literally it means 'Please receive a lot of luck in the New Year'. Isn't that just swell. I like this phrase better than the English way of saying happy new year. So dear readers 새해 복 많이 받으세요! ~ Sae-hae bok manhi badeu-seyo!


If I were Korean, I would have dressed up in my Hanbok (Korean traditional attire), eaten my tteokguk soup so a year could be added to my age, bowed to the elders in the family so they could wish me good things and blessings in the year and best of all I will receive a red envelope filled with money. However I am not Korean but at least now you have learnt a few Korean customs. And this is only done during the Lunar New year!

But come to think of it, the Korean cultural centre in Nigeria usually does something to celebrate Seollal, ( it's february 19 this year BTW)  which is the Asian equivalent of new year also known as Lunar New year. Keep an eye out on their website for more details and maybe you might get a chance to partake in some Korean traditions yourself and wear hanbok of course.

I have a lot of resolutions this year but I won't be sharing it on the blog, it is for my Journal. Sorry guys. But one thing I definitely will say is that the plans to re-brand the blog is still underway and with that I promise to write more articles both Korean related and non-Korean related. 

January is going to be a busy month for me, but once things have settled down, and the new website is up, I shall be making a blogging schedule of some sort so you know exactly when to expect posts.

My poor Youtube channel has also been neglected but that will be up and running in no time as well. It will become a channel fully dedicated to all my Korean interests as opposed to just language so I hope you enjoy it. I am also thinking of using what England has to offer to share Korean culture with you. Don't worry you'll soon understand once you've seen a few videos.

I have decided to take a more structured approach to learning Korean and also put in the work to study Japanese and hopefully my 2015 year end review will be a reflection of that. I hope to visit Korea this year, I'm putting it out there so the universe can work in my favour. But who knows whats in store for me...all I can hope is that I have a great year! I hope I get to grow and mature into a better person, grow and maintain my friendships and have great memories with the family.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that you have all inspired me to take my writing seriously with all your comments, kind words and support. I have had friends and family tell me how much they enjoy my writing and how much they love the blog. I have also had strangers (some who've become friends) tell me how I inspire them (lil 'ol me)  and what better words of encouragement is better than this?! 

The most surprising encounter was at my Korean language class in Nigeria when a reader's niece asked me if I was the "famous Choi Mira" Loool you can imagine my shock! So Zainab and Ummi if you're reading this 안녕ㅋㅋ :)

I have had so many opportunities through blogging that I am still thankful for. The highlights being Kpop Academy and writing for Korea.net Blog. I also did my first official interview as a budding Journalist when I interviewed the director of a Theatre Company who came with his crew to perform in the UK. I hope I get to write a lot of articles before my contract with Korea.net ends. And to take this further I have decided to put more thought and effort into producing interesting and read worthy content for you all and also to expand my brand. I look forward to the journey this new phase will bring to me and I hope I get to experience it with you all.


To finish off, Let's all have a great year filled with magical growing and happy moments.



Saranghaeyo ~ I love you,

meera
 

No comments