전주 한옥마을 '꽃가마' CAFE | JEONJU HANOK VILLAGE 'Kkochgama' CAFE



I mentioned this cafe when I wrote about my visit to the Jeonju Hanok village, it is a cute traditional cafe for desserts and drinks. On the day we went to Jeonju, it was raining. So after lunch, we sought out a welcome warmth from the pouring rain.


Being in Jeonju, a place filled with fascinating Hanok~traditional Korean buildings merged with modern architecture, we were more intrigued with the traditional which made this cafe catch our eyes. I squealedwhich is my reaction to anything that remotely catches my fancyand insisted that we go in. The entrance looked like a regular garden of a house with kimchi pots and flowers.

When we went in, the first thing I thought of was the many instagram posts I have seen about cafes in Insadongvery artsy, unique, cosy and a bit vintagey! The cafe had two sets of seating options, table & chair or floor seating on a cushion with a low table. We choose floor seating because it added more novelty to the experience and there was a mini fountain next to it. The owner was really nice and helpful when we ordered and when I asked to take pictures he was more than happy to oblige.


We ordered 팥빙수~Patbingsu as pictured below, it is a form of shaved ice with toppings and syrup. The classic bingsu is the red bean one which I definitely had to try—see 2nd pictureand Unni ordered this mango one which we shared. The ambiance was really nice and what made it extra nice was the fact that it was raining outside, and we were warm and cozy inside. I kept seeing people walk past wearing Hanbok which fascinated me a lot. We chatted for a bit and when our bingsu arrived I was already way to excited to try it. The taste was as I expected and more,the flavours just melted in your mouth and with every spoonful you want more! Note: I had to satisfy my cravings when I cam back to London and I found a Taiwanese dessert store that served it.



The name of the cafe translates to flower kiln, I am curious to know what the story behind that is. The picture below is the view from where we were sat, there was a huge window which opened up to the garden letting in the cool autumn breeze. It definitely made us feel like we were sat outside. We were running out of time, and since the rain had stopped, we decided to leave. We actually wanted to stay longer but we had to leave as we were heading back to Seoul on that day.



If you are ever in Jeonju and looking for a place to warm yourself up, I highly recommend this cafe. You can find details I got off of google below. I cannot wait to go back to explore more of Jeonju...



Tel. number: +82 63-232-0455

Search for me around the web by clicking the following links:
  
On KOREAN TWITTER disseminating real time views on dramas & music etc
 On FACEBOOK sharing  interesting links

On INSTAGRAM sharing pictures
and on TUMBLR just doing what people do on there

안녕,


meera

No comments