KPop Academy Week #1: Orientation.




Last weekend I had my London International Model United Nations Conference. But I also had the first session of my Academy at the Korean Cultural Centre, so I excused myself from the afternoon session and headed for the Centre.

This was how it went....



I took a train from South Kensington all nerves and excitement (I couldn't believe it was actually happening) I had already planned to get there really early but unfortunately I got lost somewhere around the London Bridge and google map wasn't co-operating with me. But after asking around a few times, I finally made my way to the centre. I had already spoken to Tessa on the phone (My friend who also got accepted on the program) so she was the first person I spotted when I walked in. 

It seemed like everyone had arrived already and they were all chatting away. You could feel the excitement in the room and everyone was talking almost animatedly. I went over to introduce myself to the receptionist who handed me my name tag and gave me my pack. I was then ushered to take my picture before I mingled with the other students. I could immediately tell this will be fun because everyone was happy to be there and they were all eager to learn.

We proceeded to the classroom and introductions were made and then the presentations began....

Everyone was required to give an introductory presentation about themselves so we could all get to know each other more. The more I heard about others the more I felt like I was finally in a place where I belonged. They all had similar experiences and interests as me. They all love this foreign culture with as much zeal as I do and even though they do not completely understand it, they have a passion to seek it and learn more. That made me truly happy to be a part of it all.

Then it was time for me to do my presentation...

I was nervous, but I managed to pull through... *Phew* I didn't say all I wanted to say but I did say as much as I could :) and I mentioned how much I love, love, love G Dragon.

After the presentations, one of the assistants mentioned that they had a fashion exhibition on at the moment by Korean designer Hyein Seo. You can click here to learn more about it. And that one of the pieces being exhibited was worn by GD and that we will get to see it. I did like a million cartwheels on the inside and I was beyond excited. This is the closest I have been to GD and I was beyond happy about it!!! It was like having a part of him with me.

We then went on to do some games to test our knowledge of Korea. They were all fun to play but tricky to win as well... :)

Class was over and I rushed to go find GD's coat and took these pictures below..
It was the coat he wore in the crooked music video which I also have below. 

 


I can totally picture GD wearing that, and even the others as well.



All in all it was an exciting day for me and the Orientation was a success. 

감사합니다 ~ Kamshamnida (Thank you) to all the organizers for giving us the opportunity to learn about Korea with people who love it as much as we do. I am looking forward to the rest of the program.


안녕,

No comments