Learn Korean with KPop #2: Happy by 2NE1 {HANGEUL+ROMANIZATION+ENGLISH}


This series has proven to be successful so I decided to keep up with it. The first one can be read here.




I found the music video of 2NE1's new song HAPPY after watching their other recently released song Come back home. Both songs are from their newly released album Crush. The M/V told the story of lost love in a carefree, cheerful and cute way without losing the hip-hop concept of the group. The video also featured Artwork by Mina Kwon whom I adore. Seriously her Art is inspiring and different. If you know me, you know I like different. Check out the video below....



Music Video


Hangeul Lyrics

[CL]

가끔은 내 생각할까
아님 너무 희미해
그 의미조차 어색해

널 보낸 후로 매일매일
홀로 지난 시간에
집착해 이제 초라해

 [Minzy] 

혹시 부담이 됐다면
내가 짐이 됐다면
진작 떠나야 했어 미안해

나 땜에 힘들었는지
많이 불편했는지
바보처럼 눈치도 못 챈 채

[Dara]

OH NO I DIDN’T CRY CRY CRY 
어차피 누굴 원망해봤자 
달라질 건 없어 다 끝이니까 

널 위한 슬픈 BYE BYE BYE 
내가 없어야 행복하니까 
OOH OOH

 [Bom]

너 없이 I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
멀리서 난 널 지켜볼게 너 없이 

I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
모든 기억들은 뒤로한 채

 [Bom] 행복하게 날 잊고 살아줘  
[Minzy] I Hope you’re H A P P Y   
[Bom] 행복하게 날 잊고 살아줘
[Minzy] I Wish you’re H A P P Y

[CL]

I thought we had it together but well…. 

난 노력했어 in every way 
밤낮을 샜어 널 기다릴 땐 
나란 여자 안에서 사랑 안에서 
행복하지 않단 너의 말 WAIT  

제대로 먹었어 POW 
너무 아파 내 맘 OUCH 
Thought you was happy but you turned me out 
Cool한 척 하느라 참은 눈물이 널 향한 내 진실된 맘

[Minzy] 

아쉽기라도 했다면  
미련이 남았다면  
이렇게 차갑진 못할 텐데  

사랑하기는 했는지  
다 거짓이었는지  
바보처럼 눈치도 못 챈 채

 [Dara]

OH NO I DIDN’T CRY CRY CRY 
어차피 누굴 원망해봤자 
달라질 건 없어 다 끝이니까 

널 위한 슬픈 BYE BYE BYE 
내가 없어야 행복하니까 
OOH OOH

[Bom] 

너 없이 I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY 
멀리서 난 널 지켜볼게 

너 없이 I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY 
모든 기억들은 뒤로한 채  

[Bom] 행복하게 날 잊고 살아줘  
[CL] I Hope you’re H A P P Y                                                                                
 [Bom] 행복하게 날 잊고 살아줘
 [CL] I Wish you’re H A P P Y

너라도 행복해야 HAPPY ENDING 
나 비꼬는 거 아냐 다 진심인 거 알아줘 

너라도 행복해야 HAPPY ENDING 
나 비꼬는 거 아냐 다 진심인 거 알아줄래

[Bom]

너 없이 I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
멀리서 난 널 지켜볼게  

너 없이 I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
모든 기억들은 뒤로한 채
  
[Bom] 행복하게 날 잊고 살아줘  
[Dara] I Hope you’re H A P P Y                                                                              
[Bom] 행복하게 날 잊고 살아줘
[Dara] I Wish you’re H A P P Y


Romanization

 [CL]  

Ga-kkeum-eun nae saeng-ga-khal-kka  
Anim neo-mu huim-i-hae  
Geu ui-mi-jo-cha eo-saekhae
Neol bo-naen huro maeil-maeil  
Hollo jinan sigan-e  
Jip-chakhae ije cho-ra-hae
[Minzy]  

Hoksi bu-dami dwae-tda-myeon  
Naega ji-mi dwae-tda-myeon  
Jin-jak tteo-naya hae-sseo mian-hae

Na ttae-me him-deu-reon-neunji  
Manhi bul-pyeon-hae-nneunji  
Babo-cheo-reom nunchido mot chaen chae  

[Dara]

OH NO I DIDN’T CRY CRY CRY  
Eo-chapi nugul won-manghae-bwatja  
Dallajil geon eobseo da kkeu-chi-nikka
Neol wi-han seulpeun BYE BYE BYE  
Naega eobseoya haengbo-khanikka  
OOH OOH

[Bom]

 Neo eobsi I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
Meol-liseo nan neol jikyeo-bolge  

Neo eobsi I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
Mo-deun gi-eok-deureun dwi-rohan chae

[Bom] Haeng-bokhage nal itgo sa-ra-jwo  
[Minzy] I Hope you’re H A P P Y
[Bom] Haeng-bokhage nal itgo sa-ra-jwo  
[Minzy] I Wish you’re H A P P Y

[CL]  

I thought we had it together but well…...
 
Nan no-ryeo-khae-sseo in every way  
Bam-na-jeul sae-sseo neol gidaril ttaen  
Naran yeoja ane-seo sarang ane-seo 

haeng-bokhaji antan neo-ui mal WAIT  
Je-daero meo-geo-sseo POW neomu apa nae mam OUCH  
Thought you was happy but you turned me out  
Cool han cheok ha-neura cha-meun nunmuri neol hyanghan nae jinsildoen mam

 [Minzy]  

Aswip-gi-rado hae-tdam-yeon  
Mir-yeoni na-ma-tdam-yeon  
Ireoke cha-gapjin mo-tal tende

Sarang-ha-gineun haen-neunji  
Da geo-ji-si-eon-neunji
Babo-cheo-reom nun-chi-do mot cha-en chae
 [Dara]  

OH NO I DIDN’T CRY CRY CRY
Eo-chapi nugul won-manghae-bwatja  
Dallajil geon eobseo da kkeu-chi-nikka

Neol wi-han seulpeun BYE BYE BYE  
Naega eobseoya haengbo-khanikka  
OOH OOH  
[Bom] 
 
Neo eobsi I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
Meol-liseo nan neol jikyeo-bolge  

Neo eobsi I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
Mo-deun gi-eok-deureun dwi-rohan chae
[Bom] Haeng-bokhage nal itgo sa-ra-jwo  
[CL] I Hope you’re H A P P Y  
[Bom] Haeng-bokhage nal itgo sa-ra-jwo  
[CL] I Wish you’re H A P P Y     

[CL]
 
Neo-ra do haeng-bokhaeya HAPPY ENDING  
Na bikko-neun geo anya da jinsi-min geo ara-jwo
Neora-do haeng-bokhaeya HAPPY ENDING  
Na bikko-neun geo anya da jinsi-min geo arajullae
[Bom]
 
Neo eobsi I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
Meol-liseo nan neol jikyeo-bolge  

Neo eobsi I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
Mo-deun gi-eok-deureun dwi-rohan chae

[Bom] Haeng-bokhage nal itgo sa-ra-jwo  
[Dara] I Hope you’re H A P P Y  
[Bom] Haeng-bokhage nal itgo sa-ra-jwo
[Dara] I Wish you’re H A P P Y

English

[CL] 

Do you think of me sometimes? 
Or is it too faint now? 
The meaning itself is awkward 

After I let you go, every  single day.  
I am alone Obsessive and miserable

[Minzy]

If I was a burden  
If I was  baggage  
I should have left earlier I’m sorry
It was hard because of me, right?  
Were you really uncomfortable?
I was like a fool and couldn’t even take a hint
 [Dara]  

OH NO I DIDN’T CRY CRY CRY  
Even if I hate someone  
Nothing will change since it’s over
The sadness over you BYE BYE BYE  
Since you need to be without me to be happy  
OOH OOH
[Bom]    

Without you I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY
I’ll watch over you from afar  

Without you I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
After putting all memories behind
[Bom]  Live happily and forget me  
[Minzy] I Hope you’re H A P P Y  
[Bom] Live happily and forget me  
 [Minzy] I Wish you’re H A P P Y

[CL]

I thought we had it together but well….
 
I tried in everyway  
I stayed up all day and night waiting for you  
You said you were unhappy with a girl like me, with a love like ours 
WAIT It felt like a blow POW 
I hurt so much OUCH  

Thought you was happy but you turned me out.
Trying to be cool I held in my tears which are my true feelings  

[Minzy]
  
If you had missed it a little  
If you had any regrets  
I bet you wouldn't have been so cold to me

Did you love me at all?
Or was it all lies?  
I couldn’t even take a hint

 [Dara]

OH NO I DIDN’T CRY CRY CRY  
Even if I hate someone  
Nothing will change since it’s over

The sadness over you BYE BYE BYE  
Since you need to be without me to be happy  
OOH OOH

[Bom]    

Without you I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY
I’ll watch over you from afar  

Without you I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
After putting all memories behind
   
[Bom] Live happily and forget me  
[CL] I Hope you’re H A P P Y  
[Bom] Live happily and forget me  
[CL] I Wish you’re H A P P Y

You need to be happy 
at least for a HAPPY ENDING
I’m not being sarcastic 
I want you to know this is the truth
You need to be happy 
at least for a HAPPY ENDING
I’m not being sarcastic I want you to know I mean it.
 [Bom]  

Without you I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
I’ll watch over you from afar  

Without you I’M NOT HAPPY BUT I HOPE 
YOU’RE HAPPY  
After putting all memories behind
[Bom] Live happily while forgetting me  
[Dara] I Hope you’re H A P P Y  
[Bom] Live happily while forgetting me  
[Dara] I Wish you’re H A P P Y
 Disclaimer: Translation not by me.

 또봐요 (ddo bwa-yo),

meera

No comments